Peachburg Lodge is located on Peachburg Plantation grounds which was originally land granted in 1851 and into the Turnipseed family in the 1880's as a peach orchard and cannery along the Central of Georgia railroad on the Montgomery to Columbus road. By the early 1900's their heirs had converted it to a large pecan plantation much of which remains today. The Parker family bought those grounds in 1980 and has operated it as a private quail plantation since then.
Peachburg Lodge is reserving group hunts. We cater to small parties of up to eight guests in a private and exclusive setting with 7600 acres of gently rolling pine woods and old agricultural fields with scattered hardwood drains.
The animal staff at Peachburg Lodge consists of English Pointers, English Setters and Hardaway Boykin retrievers mostly trained on site by our human staff.